January 21 2022
Good Wolf Gear, located in Herndon, Virginia, is a local outdoor retailer that buys, sells, and trades new and used outdoor gear. Our mission is to foster community and fellowship around a shared love for nature and the outdoors. Through the positive power of resale, we aim to limit waste, help regenerate nature, and create opportunities to feed the good wolf inside us all.
We’re building a crew to join our mission and be a part of the Good Wolf Gear story. If you like dirt and people and want to make a difference, consider joining us on this adventure!
Good Wolf Gear is hiring for a part-time Assistant Store Manager. This role will report to the Store Manager and will help oversee daily operations and promote and implement Good Wolf Gear’s mission and values.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for the outdoors and sustainability
- Has high level knowledge and experience with outdoor brands and products
- Has prior retail or other work experience leading successful teams
- Is a relationship builder who can help foster the outdoor community in NOVA
- Is adaptable and solutions-oriented when faced with a variety of challenges
- Is a problem solver with an entrepreneurial mindset to help develop customer and seller relationships and experiences
- Has a positive attitude, doesn’t take themselves too seriously, and can help create a fun and dynamic work environment
You’ll help us:
- Lead by example and promote our mission and values with our staff and customers
- Foster a culture that reflects our core values of community, curiosity, adventure, responsibility, and honesty
- Lead a sales associate team committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working with the store manager to assess weekly and monthly sales and inventory trends
- Collaborating with the store manager and sales associates to ensure consistent pricing and quality of store inventory
- Actively working with store merchandise to include processing, pricing, tagging, hanging, replenishing, and displaying per store guidelines
- Maximizing merchandising and layout of the store to incorporate seasonal trends and special themes
- Leveraging tools, reports, and insights to make appropriate business adaptations that result in increased revenue
- Covering other store duties such as running the checkout counter, merchandising, cleaning, assisting customers, etc.
- 1+ years of assistant manager-level experience in a retail environment (outdoor industry preferred), or other leadership experience
- Consistently positive, energetic, and perceptive of interpersonal/team dynamics
- Highly attuned to providing exceptional customer service to sellers and customers
- Experience in a variety of outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, rock climbing, paddle boarding, etc.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business. Includes nights, weekends and holidays.
- Able to freely access all areas of the store and ability to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This is a part-time position, with potential for full-time employment with benefits. Starting pay is $20/hour with an initial target of 20 hours/week.
- Other perks include: flexible schedule; employee discount; team outings/training; fun and respectful work environment. Additional benefits and opportunities are expected as the business grows.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.